New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im finally getting around to lowering my car. I was wondering if anyone has the part numbers for the strut mounts/bearings. I went to the ford garage and they showed me this confusing ass picture of the whole suspension and he says "now what part do you need" me "um...... the mount and the bearing" him "Well um i think these 2 are it."

So as you can tell i need some help. the FAQ does not give me the answers i need.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have them... Let me go find my invoice

Edit:
Fronts:
f8rz18198aaa
Front suspension - Suspension components - Strut bearing Strut bearing, cougar 1999 - 2002
f5rz3a197a
Front suspension - Suspension components - Strut mount Strut mount, cougar 1999 - 2002

Rears:
f5rz5793a
Rear suspension - Suspension components - Spring seat Spring seat Back 1999 - 2002
f5rz18198aa
Rear suspension - Suspension components - Upper strut mount Upper strut mount, cougar 1999 - 2002

These are part numbers for the metal mounts that work with aftermarket springs(a.k.a. 99-00 mounts)

If you want, pm me and I can send you the prices too.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i just did a lowering job on my 02 this past weekend. here's the things u need. i don't have part numbers but give bill jenkins at team ford a call and tell him what u're doing and these part names and he'll definately hook u up.

NEEDED
99-00 rear spring seats
99-00 rear strut mounts

RECOMMENDED TO REPLACE WHILE YOU'RE IN THERE
front retainers
rear retainers
front bearings

u can reuse the front strut mounts, but i'd recommend getting a can of spray paint and giving them a fresh coat. i took mine out and saw they were a little rusted but couldn't find paint. just clean them up good w/ some kind of degreaser so the bearings have a fresh clean surface to sit on.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
also one other thing, just as a precaution step. in talking to bill j he told me that the strut boots/bellows sometimes get holes or rips in them, but rarely. what i did was go to advanced auto and ordered a set of boots just in case i needed to replace them. mine were fine so i returned them and got all the money back. i'd recommend doing that just to b safe that u've got some while u're tearing into it in case u need to replace the boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts