New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive seen posts like this for other cars and i was wondering if anyone ever tried it for a cougar. The lower grill of my cougar is missing, leaving me with a kinda of "empty smile" look. The foglights are also MIA, so it jus looks worse. I read where someone used universal mesh grille and made a template out of cardboard to fabricate a new grille. I wanna do the same thing only using perhaps a soft plastic to use as backing behind the mesh. Not 100% on how to go about this or even where to start. Should i put universal foglights in place where factory ones were? Or forget foglights and just add grille? Maybe both? Any tips???

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would check the "For Sale" section for some OEM foglights, they popup often.
As for the grille, I have heard of many removing the front bumper and do what you mentioned which was to stencil out a template for some aluminum mesh. But then you always have a possibility of having the lower mesh grille not match the smaller grille with the cougar head on it which is a black grate.

It's really a personal preference, I am not telling you what to do, only a suggestion, wait for more members to chime in.......they never let me down :biggrin:

·
Registered
311 Posts
i have this same problem except i have the fog lights. I have tried mesh before but never did it properly so it never looked good or stayed in place.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have seen a few members ziptie the mesh to the bumper and if you do it right, the zipties are nearly unnoticeable.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
here is on when i sold my coug(i got it back no worries)

mercury grill wrapped is silver mesh

jd yellow grills with ford emblem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts