New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lowbeams(dim)

I posted on here a few months back about my lowbeams being really dim. well i finally did what someone told me to do on here and it worked out great, i put a set of high beam bulbs in replace of where the low beam bulbs go, the only thing i had to do is make 2 groves on the plug that goes into the back of the bulb. The high beam bulbs have to little plastic ridges protruding from them, but the low beams only have one in the center... I just had to be careful and grind two new groves in then i plugged them in and wha laa!!!!
im able to see with my low beams on.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
how did you get the wires to hook up? the adapter plugs are different on the 9005 and the 9006's

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: mercurycougar
how did you get the wires to hook up? the adapter plugs are different on the 9005 and the 9006's
You grind down a couple of the pins... it's a very easy mod to do - just put a 9006 next to a 9005 and make them look the same - took me about 30 seconds with a dremel.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just like 01blkcat said, its easy and what a difference it makes

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
i've been thinking about doing this. Now when you turn on your high beams are your lights just twice as bright or do they actually have a higher point of angle, if you know what i mean?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i've thought about doing this as well, but wondered about if the high beams made enough of a difference to keep me from getting pulled over.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I just cut the clips and switched them so I dont need to damage the clips themselves. What a difference those cheapo xenon highbeams make running as your low beams!

Rista, I was behind two cops tonight and neither of them even budged on me for it. Nobody even flashed their lights at me

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was concerned about getting pulled over for it to, but then i thought what the heck i cant see with the ones i have so i changed them and man what a difference... i have never had one person flash there lights at me either....
I glad i did it......

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have people flash their lights at me as it is...with stock bulbs

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
i had somebody flash at me the other day for my Silverstars... since i had already gotten flashed i just went and full-out high beamed them. :biggrin:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cant even imagine anyone flashing me with my old (stock)low beams on, man i think a small flashlite was brighter than them,,, they were the sadest lights i have ever seen.....

·
Registered
487 Posts
i always thought that the low beams in my first cougar were really dim, but i thought it was just me....i guess maybe i'll have to consider doing this:tongue:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I was thinking about doing this as well, but I didn't know about getting pulled over as well.......

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
If I ever got asked about them I figured I'd play dumb and say it's because they are projector style headlights so the beam is more focused & sharper.

I have the SilverStar highbeams in my lows and I'd swear it's about 2 steps away from a HID kit. The light it throws on the road is very white & vivid and when it hits anything reflective it makes it look like it's glowing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts