New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Konig tanturam in today. they are 225/45/17, and look ok. the problem is now i need to lower my car. I know that cougar don't have camber adjustability, and I need ppl's opinion. i'm thinking about progressive spring(1.8" front, 1.25 rear drop), and will this give me a problem with alignment? or should I go with eibach with 1.2" front, and 1" rear drop? and what kind of shocks should I go for?? I'm new to this forum, and any input will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
no matter what aftermarket shocks you put on your alignment will need to be adjusted. The springs you choose all depend on how low you want to go. Do a search on "springs" and it'll tell you all you need to know on that. I wouldn't just get springs either, its better to get the struts with your springs and while your at it throw in a sway bar for the front and back. If you neglect to do this, your car will making a clunking noise goin over bumps much like mine does. Do a search on "struts" to see what struts fit your budget and give you what you want. Then do a search on "sway bars" to get the turning firmness you desire.

Point is do a search, there are plenty of posts about this.;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts