New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
one there is no fluid "getting all over the gears". and two its always just about that noisy you just can't hear it with the engine running cause it is not louder than the noise the engine makes. prolly nothing wrong as long as everything still shifts smooth.

are there any problems while actually driving it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not overly... Usually. She's a very finniky car. She shifts better some days than others. She was exceptionally smooth today. Other days not as nice. Only like once a month or so, she doesn't want to go into first or reverse (not at the same time.. haven't tried). I gotta bring her into the stealership... its just that they suck. Well... the service side does. The owner LOVES my wife. Plus they'd try to blame it on the short shifter so I'd have to take that out.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
o2c2, I have the exact same problem. Change the tranny fluid, 49k and it was my first time. The transmission is loud, but don't worry. once you do it, it'll be smooth sailing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.