New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Sweet! According to them, mercury just came out with the Cougar S, which should be just the thing to satisfy a musclehead like me!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Unfortunatly they only tested the I4, I would have liked to see what numbers they pulled with the V6.

Maybe someone should tell them about the S.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That's a pretty glowing review considering they only reviewed the I4.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
how did he test a Lotus Elise that is $35,000? my understanding is you have to privately import the car from europe (where is sells for about US$40k) and then you couldn't even register it anywhere in North America due to it lacking dual airbags, and failing to meeting 1997 side impact standards and 1994 5 mph bumper impact standards.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey, I never knew that my four banger is that fast :) Well I guess they mixed up the numbers a bit. Looked for the I4, accidently found the V6 numbers and wrote it down without checking. Well, and we all know that there will no more Cougar S. Anyway, I'd love to drive a Lotus Elise here in germany, but I am not able to fit in (1.96m / 6feet5 large). Hehe
Greetings from germany
Marc

G

·
My boss has an older Lotus and it certianly blows my Cougar away. And I'm pretty sure there is a Lotus dealer somewhere in the vicinity Philadelphia, but could be mistaken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.