New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a grill for my 2001 Mercury Cougar V6 mine was lost/stolen while I was working on my headlights which are still messed up I'm at my wit's end with the lights all around. They are now smoking when on with the brights

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ok I gotta ask how that happened.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
This isnt going to help find a grille.. but...
Last time I was in my lights I noticed a bunch of the wire insulation had cracked and was falling off leaving all the wires with big bare spots. Perhaps yours did similar and the wires fried.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isnt going to help find a grille.. but...
Last time I was in my lights I noticed a bunch of the wire insulation had cracked and was falling off leaving all the wires with big bare spots. Perhaps yours did similar and the wires fried.
Yes they are all bare wires

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think I used that brush on electrical tape on mine when they did that. I remember it was quite the mess. That stuffs nasty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I used that brush on electrical tape on mine when they did that. I remember it was quite the mess. That stuffs nasty.
I've done that also I think I'm getting close but it's still frustrating not being able to drive at night

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I actually looked at rockauto for connectors for my ecu project and found headlight pigtails listed. If you can pull the harness out of the light you could possibly just rewire it with new wires and plugs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We actually did that the other day I wish I knew how to post videos it looks like a fricken cop cars lights

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a grill from a 99-00 car if you're interested in it. I doesn't have the pointed end by the lights, but some people have used them interchangeably in the past. Anyway, you can have it for $10 plus shipping if you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was able to find a grill but it was for the 2000 which was a little different but I was able to modify it to fit the 2000 cougar headlights I had to buy to replace my 2001 headlights because my 2001 headlight assemblies were shot. But I think the 2000 headlights are better looking than the 2001the 1 on the left is the 2001 the one on the right is the 2000. They won't be working until tomorrow but they will be working. I've been working on them for about 6 weeks now. I finally gave up and took it to a shop. Who I think is crap but my mother who actually bought the car says I have to take it to but as soon as I pay her off I can take it to whoever I want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts