New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously...when I had my probe, if I had a problem, or needed something installed, I just called up a few friends in the NJ, PA, NY area, and we met up somewhere and did our work, got wasted, then all drove home
well didn't drive home, but had fun. I don't know much about this engine, and don't want to start doing anything myself yet. I don't have any mods as of yet, cause I'm awaiting payment for my Supercharger Kit from my previous car, and from the sale of my car (all heppening this week). Then i will be buying many many things. Just wondering if there is anyone in the NJ area who'd be willing to help me out if I need any help. I never take anyone for granted, so if you want I would pay for your services, or take you out for dinner (if you are a hot hot hot female), or whatever. I prfer if you do it out of the goodness of your heart, but I understand if you want some compensation.

Setting up a mini-mod meet would be fun too, as we did with my other car. BTW, I'm 20, and I'm from monmouth county NJ. So just keep me posted. If no one around here can help...what shops ar worthy to go to, and like to help out cougar owners, and do the best work?

Thanks agin guys, hope to see you all soon.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ur the one Brian?????????????????????????? Well well seee lol im drunk again LOL kid ttyl PEACE

Later

G

·
what's up kid. yeah, if you need any help, i'll do my best. i don't live too far from you. about a half hour. as my sig says, i'm the nj mechanic. peace.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...as I said I don't need anyone yet, but if I do, I'll be sure to ask. But anyone know a good body shop that could fix these 3 scratches in my passenger door. They;'ll need to be sanded, and repainted. Sucks, but some people just open their door into other people's cars. Also, I'm gonna need a place to install, wetsand, and clearcoat the Carbon Fiber Kaminari hood I will be ordering
. Any trustworthy places or people? Thanks again

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I say you all order up some headers and we have an install-athon!! Mine will be here in like 2 weeks(i Hope) and want to get those puppies on asap without major $$$ loss. How bouts it.??

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll help with the headers! The MSDS headers will be so much easier to install than the Roush headers. Just make sure to order new manifold gaskets and new nuts and bolts. You will need 2 gaskets (obvously) and 12 nuts and bolts. The old ones get so rusted that its a bit tough to get the nuts off, even after soaking them with WD-40. Toolwise, you will need 13mm deep sockets and 2 extensions. I used a 20" and a 6", and don't forget the knuckle joint. To make it a bit easier, you will also need to remove 1 of the brackets on the alternator, very simple and makes life a bit easier.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know how to install a B&M Short throw shifter? I'm gonna be getting one, and have no idea how to install it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
yup yup indeed..very simple to install...oh..and the ever famous clip (which bill was fortunate enuff to have a metal one) I had a plastic one..seriously...dont play with it..just break the damn thing off and then make your own "retainer" clip. The whole install will take what? anywhere from 15min-45min? dunno..dunt remember (= not long tho..

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you like the shifter then? I always hear mixed reviews on B&M quality. Any shifting problems, or hardware problems?

Thanks, if I need any help, I'll be sure to hop on here and post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the shifter..I have not had problems with it, you can ask Kevin..hez driven my car and he can't get over the difference...LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

G

·
i love my b&m. it's such a difference. it took me like 20-30 min. now that i know what to do, it should only take me like 10-15min.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.