New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have decided to go the show route with the coug since it is paid for now. I have been looking for a new car or truck in the 26k price range. I am looking for a good mix of class and power, but have run into a problem. I am so in love with the cougar interior. No other vehicle I have seen has the nice interior look of the coug. I have looked at trucks, the Lexus IS300, SRT-4, Pontiac Grand Prix, maxima, Altima Se-R, Mazda 6, But I just ant find antyhing. Anyone else have this same problem when looking for a daily driver???

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I know we've talked a lot about the SRT-4 but if you're looking for class and power, personally I'd go for the IS300.....I think the IS350 is supposed to be released sometime soon too :shrug:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the IS 300 But the one thing that killed it was the Cowl for the guages looks like a damn triangle. Just looks so :ugh:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: MeanKat
I really like the IS 300 But the one thing that killed it was the Cowl for the guages looks like a damn triangle. Just looks so :ugh:
Yeah I thought the same thing about it. When I sat in it it didn't look as bad as I thought....but I would say thats the biggest down fall with the interior.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,006 Posts
Hows about a G35? You might be able to get a used one in that price range, and the coupes are SEX-AY.

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
For 26 grand, there is nothing new out there that relly grabs my attention. If you looked for used, it really opens up your options to nice cars.

A quick Autotrader search found 94 Jaguar XK8s (98-01, most with reasonable mileage) between 20-26k. Jaguar has a rep for being unreliable, but that doesn't appear to apply to the XK8.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I am not against used by any means. 26k isnt that much money so I am really limiting myself to what I can get. I love the SE-R but I would have to buy used cause I cant see paying the extra money just for the 10 extra HP.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I myself would opt for the G35 Coupe..fast, sexy, and that exhaust note will make you cream yourself lol.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
Hows about a G35? You might be able to get a used one in that price range, and the coupes are SEX-AY.
I second that! I would buy one in a heart beat if I had the $ and was in the market for a new car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd kinda reccomend like an 03-04 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G. If you can find one, but that shouldn't be difficult in a few months, when They release the GXP line. Drove one at Autoshow in Motion. Wicked fast! Corvette motor in a Bonneville? God Bless America!

Bonneville:

Grand Prix:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea I looked at the mustangs too, but I think right about now I want 4 doors and trunk space lol... The G35 coup is still around 30k for the ones I have seen. Sexy car but I dont know if it is practical to have 2 coupes. I love the Grand Prix as well, just a PIA trying to find one.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Originally posted by: Clutch
Altima SE-r. Not very different from the regular 3.5 altima. But the interior is much nicer.
what?? not really
I own a 2005 3.5 SE and the interior is almost identical. Differences are the guage cluster
where the navigation should be and the seat colors

That's why I agree with you on the fact that that they aren't different than a SE-R.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
i know this is an old thread however I haven't been around as often lately :(

As for a car for 26 Grand. . . .man pocket that money and spend about 5K instead!! This is what I would do, since as you stated this is for a daily drive. With gas prices the way they are at now, I would buy a 1983 - 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300D or 300SD or 240D model sedan. All of with are 120hp about 170 or 180tq and gets 33+mpg, turbo Diesel :) And can be had for less than 5,000 and will last you a VERY long time.

Good luck with your search.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.