New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Roush springs and love the handling but im not a fan of the mere drop in the front. The H&R Springs say theyre 1.75" drop front and rear but I dont want the rear to be lowered more than it is... The rear of my roush setup almost tucks the wheels up inside the fender well, and thats at a 1" drop. would it be OK to put H&R's up front only and keep the roush rears?

Also, i know this sounds ghetto, and dont bash me, im just wondering... but... If the Roush springs are a linear spring rate, would it be OK to cut 1 coil wind out of them to effectively give the drop im looking for, and not see too much of a handling disadvantage?

Who here has H&R Springs? I'm probably just going to buy them and sell off my roush.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
neil, if you are planning on getting a drift front like you mentioned before, consider keeping the roush on until after you put the new bumper on... it doesn't leave much room in the front and you would need to learn how to drive with it.... just a thought.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i got my bumper problem worked out, actually...

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
ic ic
well an update just for the hell of it....
used to have roush springs on stock struts... low...
then i had gc's on koni's... pretty low
just threw some eibachs on the front on stock 01 struts(didn't have time to do the rear yet).... well it seems lower than when i had roush and they shouldn't have even fully settled yet! i can fit my shoe underneath the lip of the bumper snugly..so i'd assume maybe 2" or less of clearance..... i hope when i get the rears done it will raise the front up a little... :)

i sure hope it doesn't snow here anymore this season... i'll be plowing the roads free of charge!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by: vodfan
i sure hope it doesn't snow here anymore this season... i'll be plowing the roads free of charge!
:rofl:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have the H&R's installed in my black cougar. And I have the eibachs on my silver cougar, and you can see that the H&R's sits lower all the way around. The back isn't a big difference but the front sits a good inch or more lower. I don't have any pics of the car without my kit installed, but I'll attach some pics of my H&R's with my razzi kit

Also if you are interested I may be taking out my H&R's and ST200 struts to take the car back to stock ride height.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome, thanks for posting those pics. thats exactly the kind of height im looking for.

How many miles have you been on them? How does the ride/handling compare to the Eibach'd car?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have about 6000 miles on the springs. And they handle around the same as the Eibach'd car. I like the handling of the H&R car better but the ST200 struts may have something to do with it. THe H&R's are comfortable for daily driving, but stiff in the twisties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts