New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a simple question... where is the Crankshaft Sensor located on a 2001 Mercury Cougar, 4 cyl, 5 Spd?

Attachments

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,654 Posts
on the passengers side front of the motor just under the valve cover on the fornt edge of the timing cover
That's the CAM position sensor, Jason.

The crank position sensor is down low, very close to the main crank pulley, same side of the timing cover.

EDIT: That's for the V6, though... I spoke too soon. I have no idea where it is on the Zetec... :banghead:

·
Registered
46 Posts
it is on the front drivers side of the engine where the trany is, down on the block by the cat with two wires coming of it, it is attached by one torx screw

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here's a pic of my engine with the exhaust manifold removed. I think that's the crank position sensor where the arrow is pointing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,249 Posts

The crank position sensor is down low, very close to the main crank pulley, same side of the timing cover.

EDIT: That's for the V6, though... I spoke too soon. I have no idea where it is on the Zetec... :banghead:
i fail :(

·
Registered
789 Posts
cbman's photo shows it correctly.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
on the passengers side front of the motor just under the valve cover on the fornt edge of the timing cover

Zetec section ladies...Zetec. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,654 Posts
Zetec section ladies...Zetec. :biggrin:
Screw you, Darkman :rofl:

It was in the PROBLEMS section when it was originally posted.

·
1993 3000GT VR4
3,422 Posts
I have a simple question... where is the Crankshaft Sensor located on a 2001 Mercury Cougar, 4 cyl, 5 Spd?
Screw you, Darkman :rofl:

It was in the PROBLEMS section when it was originally posted.
in that case, reading comprehension > you:facepalm::facepalm: :rofl:

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
I love this place....:rofl:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,654 Posts
in that case, reading comprehension > you:facepalm::facepalm: :rofl:
Dude, I specified, in my original post (post #3), that I was speaking for the Duratec and I didnt know where the Zetec CPS was located.

This place rules :rofl: :crazy: :goofy:

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Dude, I specified, in my original post (post #3), that I was speaking for the Duratec and I didnt know where the Zetec CPS was located.

This place rules :rofl: :crazy: :goofy:
What good would that do a Zetec owner? :confused:

:ty:

:grouphug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts