New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - I am looking for a place to get some performance work done and wanted some input. The couple of performance shops I've checked with haven't been very well versed in Cougars or even Ford/Mercurys. Who have you guys been to for engine work? And I am toying around with getting it dyno tuned after I finish all the upgrades (or at least finding out how much they can do and cost) - plus having it dyno'd would be very interesting. So - what do you say?

Plus I have a weird tranny issue that everyone seems to think is impossible (I have a thread in transmission performance) that I am trying to get info about.

G

·
Hey man Erica is right (except the place is in Stockbridge) heh, there is a shop that I take my car to for all my performance installs. The company is MaxPerformance, and the guy that works there (Kip) can do anything from turbos to installing a pair of seats. Currently they will be installing a Zex Wet Nitrous system for me this winter, and previously he has installed my racing seats and installed Sparco hood pins into my hood.

What are you looking to get installed?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I get a performance clutch and flywheel, obviously I am not doing that myself - and around 100,000 miles I want to do the suspension, since it will need it anyway. And then the list gets a little more unsure - there is a lot of stuff I want - Quaife LSD, exhaust (but an exhaust place should do that fine), plugs and wires - but the big thing is getting some performance tuning once I get the stuff in. I have the LIM SVT at home waiting for install along with the ProFlow MAF replacement. I am going to get the heat shield for my intake to do at the same time and I am toying with getting the UIM from an SVT, but that would require me to send back the MAF for reprogram (and cost a good bit)... blah blah blah.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.