New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some changes i did on exterior

I shaved of the cougar letters and took of the mercury badge & replaced with a smiley face
I put a blue led in the fog lamp

what you think?
1 - lose the simley face go back to the mercury badge
2 - replace the blue leds with white
3 - lose the leds and go back to stock halogen

i tried using xenon H3 bulbs but the longest they lasted were like 2 weeks. However the Xenon 9006 headlight bulbs are still going 5 months strong



evil smiley face




Headlights off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
RE:some changes i did on exterior

as you asked..... i like it all the face is a little cheesy but actually looks ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
All looks cool to me....and for some strange reason...I like the "mean" smiley face......I don't understand why.......
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ditch the happy face. replace with 99/00 front emblem (cougar head) or whatever else.
whats the deal with the lil purple lights on the hood - washer nozzles. please say no...
go with white in the fogs :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
I have a good idea for you. Since pearl paints are transparent, have the body shop spray some silver pearl over the carbon fiber tail light covers. That way, they are silver but still allow the carbon fiber to show through in certain lighting conditions.


IS that an APC sticker i see on your back window??? :flushed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
man i honestly love it all especially the face because it is DIFFERENT

also did any one else notice the other cougar in front of him in the first picture of the post HA HA

ps the pearl thing sounds badass let us know if ya do it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: starshower
ditch the happy face. replace with 99/00 front emblem (cougar head) or whatever else. whats the deal with the lil purple lights on the hood - washer nozzles. please say no... go with white in the fogs :)
o **** i didnt realize the purple light reflection - no i dont have those led washer lights just guess it is the crapy camera
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
I have a good idea for you. Since pearl paints are transparent, have the body shop spray some silver pearl over the carbon fiber tail light covers. That way, they are silver but still allow the carbon fiber to show through in certain lighting conditions. IS that an APC sticker i see on your back window??? :flushed:
Has anyone done this before or have pics? is it possible to paint over carbon fiber

thats no APC sticker its APG (Autobahn Performance Garage) its a auto shop in Albany where i got my wheels
they put it on there without asking me first, while they were installing the wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Yes it is safe to paint over carbon fiber. Look at James's, GMK's, Crispy's, Rylee's hoods. They all have painted over CF. I think it would look PIMP!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: cougar11190
man i honestly love it all especially the face because it is DIFFERENT

also did any one else notice the other cougar in front of him in the first picture of the post HA HA

ps the pearl thing sounds badass let us know if ya do it
yeah, and im guessing its a cougar owner taking the pic too. probably at a meet or something. i noticed the same thing too though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,201 Posts
I actually like the smiley face. Looks a little off center though for some reason. Or maybe my eyes are just retarded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by: JAMallott
Originally posted by: cougar11190 man i honestly love it all especially the face because it is DIFFERENT also did any one else notice the other cougar in front of him in the first picture of the post HA HA ps the pearl thing sounds badass let us know if ya do it
yeah, and im guessing its a cougar owner taking the pic too. probably at a meet or something. i noticed the same thing too though.
yep it was a cougar meet there were 2 other cougars in front me in that pic
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top