New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've removed the interior to paint it and i was wondering if the large vent close to the window would be to reflective if i painted it silver i know some poeple have done it but since it is my every day car just want to know if i can get away with painting it....

also i am looking to paint the peice inside the upper dash shroud which is covered from the sun but that too i am worried about painting due to glare...any help would be apriciated if i can find pics i will post them

heres a bad pic put its the stuff inside the yellow..lol

ps its not actually a part of the cluster but of the shroud....

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i dont really know how bad the reflection would be in a cougar cause i havent paint anythng in mine yet, but i had a neon that i paint the whole interior and on sunny days it was almost impossible to see because of the blue reflection.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I am not sure what you are talking about exactly but...

I just had my shroud painted and the reflection on the windshield is pretty bad (but not as bad as I thought) Even direct sunlight wasn't TERRIBLE, just wouldn't recommend it for the drivers who are really worried about safety. Not that it's that dangerous, but a lot of stop and go traffic heading into the sun could lead to an accident.

If you are talking about the top of the inside where that yellow is circling than I don't think you should have too much to worry about. The sun won't reflect off the black on the dash. It may give the plastic shield over the gauges some color, but you should still be able to make them out perfectly. If you are talking about the bottom part of that also then you will have a lot more glare.

I say do what you think will look best. You can always cover up the pieces or something on sunny days to cut off the glare.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
You can pull off the rings around each vent and have them painted. That is actually a very nice looking piece of trim to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.