New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question if the LS uim would swap over to the taurus heads. would the lim need to come over too? the reason i ask is first it's metal so it could be ported out more. and it would relocate the throttle body/intake to the left side which i feel would be easier in doing piping for a fmic on a turbo application.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
The problem with putting the throttle body on the left side is the rather large engine mount right on the left side of the engine bay. I'm not sure of the design on the LS UIM - but I think running intake piping there would be a PITA without doing a custom engine mount.

-Nick

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ugh i really need some info on this. someone said something about not being able to use the st220 or mazda 6 intakes because of the vvt or something to that effect. im not entirely sure if the earliar ls's had the vvt but im sure the newer do.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
It shouldn't unless the VVT system makes the head/valve cover bigger, so that the UIM doesn't fit.

Which brings me to this question: Does anyone have a pictuce of the Duratec VVT system? I wonder if it's possible to adapt that to our heads. Imagine a 3L block/2.5L heads with the VVT system in it. Mmmmmm... more power... mmmmm.....

I'm also looking forward to the day we add the "3.5L Duratec Perofmance" section and we can slap the 3.0L heads on it..... :)

-Nick

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okie, i know next to nothing about vvt so just wanted to check. i'll have to see if i can't locate one once i purchase my 3l. also i'm about to call about a mazda 6 engine i found with a broke block...should be pretty cheap, hopefully enough to offset having to buy a seperate block. and i dont know if anyone could even tune the ecu to work with our car (assuming you cant retune our ecu's for vvt). blackcoog, how about i t bone your x type and that way i get a new front end and you can take the drivetrain of the x type :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts