New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my lights get stronger when i step on the accelerator, and my interior lights get brighter too. Then today while on the highway i was cruzin around 100mph and i noticed my battery light was flickering, it never really turned on but flickered. I was like hmmm best slow down, and it stopped.

When i arrived at my destination i opened up my user manual and it said that it could be electrical problems.

My thoughts are there are 2 reasons why the lights get stronger in my car when i step on the accelerator. 1. My battery is almost dead. 2. My car sits almost for 6 days straight and is used for a total of 50 mins of driving for the day and my alternator is not charging my battery thus giving me dim lights. 3 My alternator is going :(

The car has 36k on the meter and is a 00

Any one have ideas, or what i should do?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,731 Posts
The dimming lights thing is a wiring issue. See link for how to fix it.

The flickering battery light is indeed your alternator starting down that long, slippery slope that has no end...

G

·
Be sure to check all your connections on your battery and check your grounds. My lights dimmed horribly , but it turned out to be a lose + terminal.

When I first purchased my car 19k miles my battery light flickered once. Im currently at 46k and it hasnt done that since day one. ::knock on wood:

G

·
i have this same type of problem. but with mine, when i accelerate, my lights (interior and exterior) dim. i have had a bunch of electrical probs, like my high beams not working unless i restart my car. sometimes they dont even work then. they dont turn on when i click them fwd, but they do if i hold them, as if i were to be flashing someone with my high beams. anyone with any ideas on if my alternator is going bad or if its just electrical probs? i could really use your help. thanks:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts