New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another howto for everyone looking for something different to do. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the switch is not all all distracting when driving, due to the angle at which the switch is mounted. All supplies and Part # for the parts needed are included. Here's the link and a pic of the finished product...

Lighted Sunroof Switch Pic

Lighted Sunroof Switch HOWTO

enjoy...

Edit: In Response to the couple of pm's i've gotten, if you have the passenger side switch, it only takes about 15-20 minutes to reverse the led and run the lead....if you choose to do the swap, it will probably take around 35-40 minutes to swap the parts, but I can give you a few tricks on howto do this.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
AWESOME... thanks!

I saw a how-to on CEG a year or so back and never got around to doing it and since then was trying to find it again... and couldn't.... thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
anyone have a part number for the passenger side switch? i'd rather not swap them.

edit: or have an extra passenger side switch to sell?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the part number for the passenger switchis in the howto under supplies....

i initially tried to use the one on the contour boards, but found that our wiring was a little different. thank god for wiring diagram manuals..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a picture of one in the howto. it is the connector that fits into the end of the wiring harness, what the pins from the switch go into... you can get one by contacting bill jenkins, his email is in the howto as a link.... cost, i couldn't tell you since I happened to have a couple laying around. I you happen the have a wiring harness laying around, you can take it apart and grab one from that....

G

·
I found several switches available on the web by searching Car-part.com, but still am unable to find the D79 connector. I tried emailing Bill Jenkins, but have not received a response yet. Does anyone know if I can get a D79 connector anywhere else?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a d79 connector isn't necessarily needed. you can directly soldier a wire to pin 4 or you could find a slide-on connector (female) the fits and just make a little large hole in the wiring harness to fit it through... most dealers or auto body shops should be able to get you a d79 connector... if you have a wiring harness olaying around, you can take one from that too.... a d79 wire can be found in all current ford-related autos.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this how-to still available? I think the switch has stopped working, so it would be nice to see how to do this instead of doing a stock swap. Thanks!

Regards,
-Joshua

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I tried this one cougargurls car a week ro so ago and it seems the switch harness doesnt have the correct pins to illuminate the LED's...

also that link for the how-to is down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts