New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2000 Mercury cougar v6.
I have an issue with light at night but in daylight run ok but at night, when I’m driving the light from the dash and headlights and anyway that has light to dims in and out and when I pick up speed around 50 to 55 the car starts to Shake a little from front to back of the car. I recently just replaced intake modified running control! I just can’t figure it out!!! Please if anyone who can help me out with this issue I would greatly appreciate and direct me to a part or a source that I could buy to fix my car please and thank you

·
Administrator
11,715 Posts
The flickering is/was a known problem with how the alternator handles voltage. There was a kit you could buy that had the replacement wires to splice in. Not hard to do, but 20 years later wiring may be a bit more brittle. This thread explains it a bit.

If you’re feeling a shake in the seat it’s rear suspension/wheel related, if it’s the steering wheel then it’s the front. If it’s the whole car and you’re certain it’s speed related check ball joints and wheel bearings. Check your tires to see if you’ve lost a wheel weight or if they need to be balanced. I think a worn rear control arm would cause it, too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The flickering is/was a known problem with how the alternator handles voltage. There was a kit you could buy that had the replacement wires to splice in. Not hard to do, but 20 years later wiring may be a bit more brittle. This thread explains it a bit.

If you’re feeling a shake in the seat it’s rear suspension/wheel related, if it’s the steering wheel then it’s the front. If it’s the whole car and you’re certain it’s speed related check ball joints and wheel bearings. Check your tires to see if you’ve lost a wheel weight or if they need to be balanced. I think a worn rear control arm would cause it, too.
Thank you for information, thank so much again this information will help me :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts