New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, today I was in the junkyard and surprisingly found a 86 Cougar with the light emblem. I was wondering if any of you have this on your car. If yes or you know somebody, can you let me know, I would like to ask them how they put it on the truck.
Thanx

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I'm not at all fimiliar with the cougar emblems on older models....but if I had to assume I would say its some kinda 3M tape........but again, I'm not sure....sorry

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by: Nicekitty
Hey everyone, today I was in the junkyard and surprisingly found a 86 Cougar with the light emblem. I was wondering if any of you have this on your car. If yes or you know somebody, can you let me know, I would like to ask them how they put it on the truck.
Thanx

Ooooooohhh...I don't like you!!!

I can't find that emblem anywhere up here in the great white north! I've been looking for a year! The original emblem was fastened on by nuts. The chrome trim piece around the outside went through the quarter panel and nuts were used inside the QP to hold it on. There was also a massive hole for the wiring harness to get through as well. Adidas02 (I think that's his handle, definately has adidas in it) has one on his car. It's mounted inside though.

If you feel like giving away that part, let me know!!

;)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
how does this light up? meaning.. what color is it? is it changable? etc..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where exactly is this lighted emblem located on the car??? so i know where to look at the junkyard ;)

Thanks!

Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
before i found this bad a$$ site, i ran into a lot of old cougar clubs
they might know where to find those emblams or have more info:shrug:
man i want one of those

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have two of those right now sitting here at my house - how do I put it on and where????

·
Registered
672 Posts
They light up white, but are notorious for having short lifespans on the element. I bought mine NIB from the shelf of a parts store, and it lasted one full night of being left on by som dumbass dealership while they were repairing my car. My suggestion:

CAREFULLY remove the white element and keep nothing but the trim ring, screen, and plastic emblem. Rig up the entire thing with a colored bulb to match the inside of your car, and save yourself the pain of installing it someplace it will be useless once the element dies off. Here are a few before and after pics:

The old
During the day
Before full dash
After full dash
Out of the box
Gillian Anderson....just because.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
omigod i love GA!

anyways.. since you got it in a box.. do you have the part number?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I used to, but I have no idea where it is. All I know is that they stoped producing them in 88. Mine had been on the shelf since 86.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Damn that ish looks SMOOTH......great job!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks!

Wish I could get a GOOD pic of it. It looks kind of prangish in the pics, but it's actually a deep blood red...just like my gauges.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts