New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm gonna install my YoDude real soon and I need to know lift points for the floor jack and the right place to put the jack stands. I want to do this myself for the learning experience and any help would be appriciated.

Thanks a lot

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys,

I think I need to lift the car from the center front and
place jack stand somewhere to hold the front up and then
repeat the process for the rear. I'm not sure where to place
the jack or the jack stands.
Is Mortis's picture the location for the jack stands after
the car is lifted?
Craig mentioned using the front crossmember for a jack point
but there is a shroud over the front center of the crossmember.
The exhaust pipe goes over the center of the rear crossmember.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump

Please if any of you know what my dad is talking about (he was the one who wrote the last post under my name) help us out
Me and my dad want to do it this weekend but i guess its off to the shop

Tom

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
all along the side of the car is a pinch rail... kinda like a "T" almost... you can use this to jack up. It may bend slightly but that's okay.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah,
Puck Puck is right. I installed my Borla with only the rear jacked up. Just use look around for a that rail. Mine never bent, but It shouldn't matter if it does a little. You also shouldnt need the car jacked up in the front. I did mine with only the back jacked just fine. Good Luck

Arthur

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
if you live in california stop now.... earthquake sceduled to hit around sometime today...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for your replies but i already took it to a shop 2 days ago
only cost $75 and the guy did a great job!
anyone in the tri-valley area in CA go to Sport Truck Customz in Pleasanton, the guy was great

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.