New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It freakin' amazes me how ignorant some people can be....

Last week, I had just pulled into a Meijer's store here in Maumee, Ohio. I usually park my Coug' waaay out in the middle of nowhere b/c I don't trust people around my car. When I get about 3 steps away from my car, some dumbass in a nasty Lexus drives by real slow, looks at my car and says " Why don't you buy an American car, asshole?!?!" I just looked at him...looked at his car driving off....and laughed my freakin' ace off!!

Dan

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
???

You sure it wasn't "Why DID you buy......"? That makes more sense, but then again, not all people make sense.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
LMAO...that was classic. just another example of how certain stupid people can just make your day.

as annoying as they are, we gotta have 'em in our world b/c they make average people seem and feel like geniuses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one question, why would someone with a LEXUS Japanese car slowly drive by a mercury cougar and say "why dont you buy an american car asshole" that makes no sense at all.
First off thats kinda rude to say to anyone even if they are driving a civic,second was the person drunk cause he made the most idiotic remark of his life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had people ask me if my Cougar is "the new Celica" (Grrrrr!!!)

I guess the people in my area need to crawl out from under their rock a little more often!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Cars my Cougar has been mistakingly called:

Eclipse
Accord (WTF?)
Tiberon
Celica
Sunfire

"Import Crap"

Focus (Dont ask, guy had an IQ of

"Euro Trash"

"Mid-Sized" (This was at car show this past weekend)
"Wanna-be Celica"

I love telling people that yes, it is a 'MERCURY COUGAR' and yes, it is MADE IN THE USA.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cougar with a WW body kit is VERY similar to an Accord with a (factory?) body kit... Nice lines on that car.

Don't know what kind of knob mistakes a cougar for a sunfire - that would make me pretty grumpy

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ry...I think full-size SUV drivers are by far the rudest in CA

honestly, I think that most people don't even know what my car is...I've heard it mistaken for a custom Eclipse once, and a Focus 2 or 3x.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
today..i was at a light and this zx3 passes me and pulls up to the light..cuz the light was red..well he hits into revers ..and backs up to me..and rolled down his window..he was like what the hell kinda car is that..i said cougar..he was all..ohh cofused the hell out of me ..and i told him about the Euro cougars being sold with ford badges.

bigkat ...bmw,lexus,benz they all have SUV models hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.