New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50% tint here in maine = aggrivation! why is maine SO high? I'm gonna go pro-install illegal tint but if i get pulled over im f -CK'd

what's your limit and what state you in?

·
Registered
178 Posts
i'm pretty sure MA was 30 for awhile but I think they just kicked it up to 50% recently, i gotta get my windows done for the summer, I'm just glad i didn't get 30 while it was still the legal limit then had it kicked up, i'd be pissed

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
your lucky your not allowed to have anything on the front doors here in michigan

be thankful for what you have. i would be happy with 50

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow! i never knew that some of you couldn't, or should I say aren't supposed to tint. that would suck BIG balls.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
as always, i'm glad to live in missouri, anything on the back windows and 35 on the front, reflective is allowe, yay for the MO!:wiggle:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
You can't have ANY tint in Illinois! I still have it though. The worst that would happen is you would get a fix it ticket. Just pay the ticket and keep your tint.
I thought that the IL tint law was no tint on windshield, or front driver/passenger windows, but allowed on rear window and rear driver/passenger sides. . . Maybe I'm not up to snuff on this?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Yes, you are right. But in my opinion, a car that has tinted rear windows and not-tinted front windows looks really goofy.

I agree. . .

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Heh looks likes Florida is the best state as far as tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Who cares. I've got 5% all around and I haven't been nabbed for it yet (knock on wood). Tint your car and if you get in trouble, you get in trouble...I've gone almost 2 years now scot-free.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i went a year with one of my last cars with 5% before i got pulled over. PA is a weird state with their tint laws. I've talked to many cops on this subject and they all tell me the same thing. The tint laws in PA are constantly changing and most cops won't bother with it, but you'll have that dick head rookie cop that will pull you over cause he thinks if he doesn't, he'll get fired. I was told colored tint was illegal but according to that site it's not....looks like i'll be getting blue tint if i decide not to go with the 15% i want.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: watz45
PA is a weird state with their tint laws. I've talked to many cops on this subject and they all tell me the same thing. The tint laws in PA are constantly changing and most cops won't bother with it, but you'll have that dick head rookie cop that will pull you over cause he thinks if he doesn't, he'll get fired. I was told colored tint was illegal but according to that site it's not....looks like i'll be getting blue tint if i decide not to go with the 15% i want.
Pittsburgh's east suburbs are the absolute worst for tint enforcement. The one town i have to drive through to get to work is notorious for pulling people over exclusively for tint. i only have 35% all around and still don't drive my Cougar to work 90% of the time since i don't need the hassle. It doesn't make matters any better when one of the local news stations decides to do a piece on window tint, hanging out in the mall parking lot and having one of the cops pull cars with tint into their area so they can tape it. :rolleyes: Why can't the news do a real investigative report... like maybe driving the news van around Columbus looking for the sniper? :evil:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have 15% all around and I have been by numerous cops and they don't give a poop.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by: ignernt
Originally posted by: watz45
PA is a weird state with their tint laws. I've talked to many cops on this subject and they all tell me the same thing. The tint laws in PA are constantly changing and most cops won't bother with it, but you'll have that dick head rookie cop that will pull you over cause he thinks if he doesn't, he'll get fired. I was told colored tint was illegal but according to that site it's not....looks like i'll be getting blue tint if i decide not to go with the 15% i want.
Pittsburgh's east suburbs are the absolute worst for tint enforcement. The one town i have to drive through to get to work is notorious for pulling people over exclusively for tint. i only have 35% all around and still don't drive my Cougar to work 90% of the time since i don't need the hassle. It doesn't make matters any better when one of the local news stations decides to do a piece on window tint, hanging out in the mall parking lot and having one of the cops pull cars with tint into their area so they can tape it. :rolleyes: Why can't the news do a real investigative report... like maybe driving the news van around Columbus looking for the sniper? :evil:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
In Jersey they're weird with tints. Most cops won't pull you over just for that. County and state cops probably will. But if they get you for something else, and they see your tints, forget it. My friend has a dark black tint on the front windows, got pulled over for doin' 20 over, the cop noticed his back windows and asked him to roll up the front windows, $46 ticket.

Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
The limit in AL is 32% . But thats usually how it goes they dont give a sh!t till you speed or somethin. but the moment you do look over your shoulder cause 8 times out of 10 the cop is there to catch your a$$ and he'll get you for every thing he can. Thats speaking from personal experience. thats why my insurance is $1500 every 6 months for full coverage

1 - 20 of 29 Posts