New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i spent 4.5 hrs on the lift the other day gettin these puppies installed. So i decided to take a few pics and movies, i have movies on the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
are those blue or the aqua ones. cuz i have blue and they look like that. when i first got them i had 2 aqua ones with the 2 blue. wat a ***** 2 get sent back. and where did u get them from?i got mine on ebay.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the blue ones. and i got em off of ebay also. not bad, for like 80$

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
is l.e.d. brighter then standard neons? what makes them any better. im just curious, because for the price of the le.d.s u could get standard ones with a remote control. ive never seen the led in person. i was just checking them out on ebay last night.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
hey, i have Varad LED BLUE they are really nice, varad comes with a control module 2 do up2 16 different things. scan, pulsate, fade and steady light. other controls are how bright/fast u want them. i have soem vids if any1 wants 2 see. im me on aol at KrazyKusch21

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
they look good. i love mine, except for when people say i got cool xmas lights under my car:shrug:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You really should invert them inward a little bit - that will prevent that bright 'line' that appears with LEDs, and will begin to diffuse the light a bit. Other than that, they look cool.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: Tygerr
Looks good! ,but i don't like the lines led's leave.
If installed as instructed (although I've only seen one set of instructions that state it) the tubes should not be pointed downward, rather at 45 degree angles maximum to the bottom of the car, and 30 degrees to the ground for the maximum spreadable/diffusible light, without a 'line' of light.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
what makes led better then standard neons? are they brighter?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Since I don't have underbody lights, I can't say I don't like them cause I wish I had some...but not feelin the line either...good job tho

·
Registered
787 Posts
Originally posted by: IH8CIVX
Well I dont know for sure, but I could imagine theyd be MUCH harder to destroy than Neon tubes.... Everyone has problems with neons busting/cracking/etc...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

i have led's now and they are slightly brighter but dont glow as much if that make's sense as they are directional, i ripped an led tube off the other day on a kerb doing around 30mph dragged it along for a 100yd's and all it did was pull one wire out(just soldered it back in).
mine also have a lifetime warranty

·
Registered
220 Posts
they look great, i'm not a big fan of underbody led's..especially when the tubes are showing...they tubes don't show under the cougar do they?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: kittykatcanada
they look great, i'm not a big fan of underbody led's..especially when the tubes are showing...they tubes don't show under the cougar do they?
All neon and LED tubes will show under the Cougar if you don't have a body kit.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Mine doesn't leave a line that.... but it doesn't completely diffuse like a neon. On a better note, it does have all the 16 or w/e functions, multiple colors. And its VERY bright. Me likes mines

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i think they are brighter then regular neons, plus they can do the patterns. Which is kinda cool. Oh and i turned them in and it does get rid of the line a little bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts