New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have here 8 hyper bright blue LED's that i plan on using for my angel eyes and i was just wonderinf if need anythign special to hook these things up...first timer here with the LED's hehe try not to bash me too badly..they say just to hook up to 12 V and enjoy the lights no other instructions...dont i need a resistor or two??and one other question i bough some led 194's and the damn things dont fit in my side makers...about 3 or 4 mm too long...any suggestions on where else i could use these...any other 194's in the car i could put these in??thanx guys...and gals..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If your led's need a 3v source you can use 4 strait off the battery. If you want to use them seperately then you'll need a 470ohm resistor.. there's quite a few people here that have done angel eyes. Try Pming Kooter, or Tropiccougar01

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you bought the type that have a sq. box behind the led then you'll be fine hooking them up to just a constant 12v source. The resistor is in the little box. If not do as Ariadne said 4 - 3v led's in series= 12v

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will i need a resistor for each one?? all they say is its a four pack and the that they are 12 V...i bought two packs...anyway thanx so far but a little more is needed for my attempt at ruining $500 CDN lights..hehe....i got these from Walmart...hehehe i know i know but they looked like every other LED i have seen...they have one meter of 22 guage wire off each one seprately and there is what looks like about an inch of blue shrink tubing melted to the bottom where the wires connect?? is it possible that the resistors are fused in there?? what will happen to the LED if it doesnt have a resistor on it??do they just burn out really quick??more help please

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you got them from Wal-mart then your ok . The tubing is where the resistor is. be careful not to pull on the wires to much. Like trying to pull them through a hole or something. I did this and pulled the wire from the resistor. If you don't have a resistor it will burn out. See you can buy just the led itself, when this happens you have to add the resistor. any more questions just ask.
Gregg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts