New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i see in the FAQ section at Color Changing Switches that you can change the Switch colors, is it possible to change the 2 display boards on the dash to be blue or red or different colors, as well as the lights in the center for the Climate Controls? Going to be doing the switch mods as soon as the LEDs come in from Radio Shack, Going to Blue. Any help on those 2 things would be greatly appreciated b/c i dont like green (it doesn't match my interior color scheme)

Brandon

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Fett is currently looking into this..... but at the moment... no... the only thing you can change is the LEDS in the switches ....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Fern, I will be attempting the color change that they came up with on the focus board and hopefully it works, if it does, ill get some pics up ASAP.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
good luck.....

I read it all and I find that very interesting indeed... the finished project looks great... but a new gauge pod from Ford if you screw up is rumored to be 400.00 :eek:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
okay people....

I did this mod tonight.... turned out sweet as hell.... I have to re-open one of em tomorrow though cuz I have to realign the electrical tape cuz a little bit of some clear is poking thru and its driving me crazy..... once that is fixed I will post pictures..... :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Pictures will be posted tonight.... the red LCD screens match my red backlit gauges exactly... same with the stock red needles.... :)

Thanks to Fern for finding the info on how to do this as to the guy on the Focus site who had the guts to try it and compile the how-to! :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts