New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I go to apply my brakes, they will go right to the floor with nothing happening, then, I'll try again, and they will work. I dunno how to explain this! Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Are you having cluth problems at the same time? E-brake issues?

All three of these pieces are using the same fluid reservoir. My issue came from seeing the e-Brake light come on while driving, and then go off. Then it stayed on constant the next day, and when I went to leave the office I had no clutch. Ended up being the master->slave cylinder connection tore right out of the master. Good thing is it was a TSB, and I got it fixed free. =)

E1

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I had this same issue when my front wheel bearing was going out. The bearing had so much end play the caliper was pushing it apart instead of clamping to the rotor. Check the wheels for end play, you could be having a similar prob as I was.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Yup, sorry about that. The e-brake light is what I meant. (The light comes on when you have clutch/brake fluid problems, or when the e-brake is engaged.)

E1

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had a wheel bearing go on the car before, and it never affected the brakes. It only does it once in awhile though, but enough to put a scare into me! Everything else seems to be working fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts