New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Le Mans Karting in January MEET!

Johnny Hennesey from CEG and myself have talk to the management at Le Mans Karting in Fremont about holding a meet there in 2 months. Here is what the plan would be:

• 1 Hour Le Mans Endurance style racing consisting of:
  1. 1. 10 teams of 2(hopefully)
  1. 2. The carts will be set up on the starting grid with one team member at the car.
  1. 3. The member at the car will be instructed to start it, while the teammate runs from the pits to get in and go.
  • Team Based
  1. a. Because it is team based, you will be required to perform 4 or 5 driver exchanges throughout the race.

• Pricing:
  1. a. Price is normally $1000 an hour. With 20 people thats $50 a head. Now the manager said he would will give us a discount($900 an Hour). It may not seem like much, but if we can pull the 20 people its not bad at all.

Tentative date so far would be Sunday January 25, 2004. Thats the week before the Super Bowl and a week after the playoffs. So it falls perfect.

Yays and Nays? :thumbsup: Lemans Karting

I'd like to know if this date is good for everyone so we can get a clear head count. And get the reservation made.
If you agree with the date and Would like to go please post so I can make a list.

1. Tyrice (LostRacer)Confirmed
2. Vick (Vick)Confirmed
3. Johnny (SweetSVT)Confirmed
4. Mike (NorCalCoug)Confirmed
5. Tomek (ShinyBlackCat)Confirmed
6. Eric (Johnny's Friend)
7. Lupe (Rozwell911SVT)
8. Ricardo (phant0mzero)Confirmed
9. Gabe (Kodiak)Confirmed
10. Alberto (ShinySilverElCo)Confirmed
11. Anthony (ShinyCharcoalTuRD)Confirmed
12. Brandon (bmichel)Confirmed
13. Brandon (bmichel)guestConfirmed
14. Sean (JediCougar)Confirmed
15. Johnnys DAD (Sweet SVT)Confirmed
16. ????
17. RevDev :biggrin:Pending Jeep
18. Jen (Vicks Jen)Confirmed
19. Jen's Bro(???)Confirmed
20. Terry(ShinyBlackCat's Guest)Confirmed

Thanks for the sticky too. :thumbsup:

Per SweetSVT
Okay everyone who is going I talked to the people at Lemans and they want us to be there at 1:30pm so that we can choose the teams if they haven't been done so prior. we will have the drivers meeting with all of the race information(rules for this race as well as the standard racing rules) at 2:15pm, and the racing should begin by 2:30.
Please make sure that if you have signed up for this race that you don't flake, because if you do those that do show up will have to pay for you. hope to see you there and good luck.
P.S. if you have not been there before you may want to try a prractice session so you see how the karts feel as well as learn the track layout.
Johnny

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*We need 1 more person!! I think...

For those confirmed attendees:

Please post in here to verify you are still coming!!! I will ask taht al other posts be deleted so we can get an accurate count. Thanks.

-Ty

G

·
RE:Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*

My dad and I will Be there. I will check to make sure about Eric.
Johnny

·
Registered
397 Posts
RE:Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION!

ok me and jen and her bro for sho!!!!

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION!

I've reverted back to a "maybe" but I should know this weekend for sure... depending on how well I tear apart the cougar down here :shrug:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION!

I'm still down. But only if everyone comes. :p

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

14 Confirmed so far

·
Registered
133 Posts
RE:Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION!

As of now, it looks like i will be able to make it unless i get another project at work. by wednesday i will know for sure.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

ditto

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION! 16 CONFIRMED!

Well as long as I get everything put back together that needs putting back together... I should be there :)

I'll know by tomorrow evening though :)

...unless something on the jeep breaks, stranding me in Irvine...

... in which case, I might not make it ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION! 16 CONFIRMED!

so... progress?

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
865 Posts
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION! 17 CONFIRMED!

damn

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
RE: Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION! 17 CONFIRMED!

... as long as the jeep don't break on my way to san jose :)

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RE:Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION! 17 CONFIRMED!

Originally posted by: DEVIOUSDEV

... as long as the jeep don't break on my way to san jose :)
Stop jinxing yourself!

·
Registered
865 Posts

serious... and sounds like 19 now

·
Registered
133 Posts
RE:Le Mans Karting in January MEET! *IMPORTANT UPDATE*PLEASE POST CONFIRMATION! 17 CONFIRMED!

Unfortunately i will not be able to make it. I have to finish painting a truck for a customer . I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

·
Registered
865 Posts

ahhhhhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 28 Posts