New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it is really hard to lay fiberglass. I am going to buy a 7" LCD in dash screen and I know that it will not fit perfectly, so I was wondering if I would be able to mold a new fiberglass dash so that it would fit. If anybody has any tips, pictures, or info on doing this it would be much appreciated. Thanx

:banana:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you do a search, there are many lessons of fiberglassing, it does not seem difficult, but it is very decieveing.:banghead:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
You were wanting to try to make your own fiberglass dash?

I would say that if you are inexperienced than this would end up being a VERY expensive mod....easiest thing to do would probably take it to a shop, have them fit the screen for you and bondo and sand the new surface :shrug:

Good luck,
Sunni :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since u have that do it yourself attitude, find/buy things to read about fiberglass for automobiles and then go look at craig's (streetconcepts) pictures on the install, in a few weeks i'm gonna start similar work on the body of my car (not the millinium) and i'll post pictures and and maybe even a how to.

as far as your dash, i'm not sure of you want an entire dash made of fiberglass or what, but i know there is at least one company that makes a "universal" entire fiberglass dash replacement, do a search on yahoo should come up. only problems i see are with air bags. it would require rerouting your a/c stuff along with a whole other schlew of work but it might do what you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
laying fiberglass is easy....
go to wal-mart and buy there cheap stuff and play around with it, and see how you like it.
fiberglass resin has a shelf life of like 4 months so don't buy it if its dusty.
then go buy the good stuff.
go to select products web site, they have great how to videos and cool stuff if you get into it.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
There are also books about working with fiberglass that you can buy at the auto stores...maybe one of those would be some help and save you some money in the long run :shrug:

-Sunni :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.