New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the law is about paying vacation time when you lay someone off. The company I was layed off from said I would get my vacation, but know says that the time was pro-rated so I don't recieve any money. This is what I don't understand: You receive two weeks at the begining of the year, wouldn't you only receive so many days of vacation for what you worked at a time?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
when my company i work for changed owners, they layed everybody off and rehired the ones they wanted to keep. everybody got screwed out of ishloads of vacation time. myself i got screwed outta 2 weeks, but others got screwed out of 5 weeks. i'm not exactly sure what the law says about this cause i never looked into it cause a lil bit of griping on my side got my vacation time back from the new owners, i lucked out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I checked at lunch about what to do, and from what I read is that they can include that into the required 2 weeks pay. That is what I'm assuming I read right...but you know how lawyers make this sentence that doesn't make sence but only to them. oh well. It would have been nice to get it though.

G

·
our vacation is prorated also. That means we give everyone a portion of their vacation days on the first of the year. How many they get depends on how far their anniversery date is from the first of the year. So really we give the days to them early just to help them out because it is a seasonal job.

I just had to fire a guy yesterday because he was messing up every job he did and talking to him didn't do any good. Well he had 2 vacation days left from the first of the year but he haddnt hit his annivesery date yet do he didn't get any of those 6 extra days that he would have had in like 3 weeks.

Hope this helps??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts