New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are no paint stores around here that will mix up a spray can of factory HL color for me. Which duplicolor from walmart is closest?

Thanks...

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
also depends on what you are painting... if its just accessories you can use Duplicolor "Toreador Red" it's the absolute closest I can find..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I would be painting my headlights...I'd like to have it match as closely as possible, what did you use Crispy?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
mine are painted professionally... the dealer painted mine Laser Red and Dark Shadow Grey.. it was part of the 1700.00 bill that I received so I am unsure as to how much that actual service cost.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh...ok

I've painted my factory grill and lower grill both silver and put red mesh behind the lower part...looks nice.

What I will do is only paint those circles that surround the 3 lights (in each headlights) themselves silver as well.

Crispy - One question I always get a mixed answer on is will I need a sealant to re-seal the headlights after painting?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I never have replaced any sealant... I re-use what was there and I just press firmly to make it seal and use a hot blowdryer to warm the sealant up before and after.. if you get any condensation remove the black bulb cover doors from the back..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts