New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the interior tomorrow morning for prep + paint. I originally chose to paint it red, but members said there was no such spray paint that matches laser red well. So my question is, before I paint it all silver - has anyone recently found a paint I can buy at Wal*Mart that matches laser red remotely?

Appreciate any legit replies.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her and I have had the convo before...she didn't really recommend anything at Wal*Mart, I need something I can pick up tomorrow and she suggested an online purchase so...

Any Suggestions Of Products??

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
There was one color...but I can't remember the name. It was amber somethingorother. It looks like it has too much brown in it, but it comes really close. When I compared my painted peices to the exterior of the car, it was VERY close.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Here is a pic of some of my dash when I first painted it. It doesn't really show in pics, but you can get an idea of how it looks.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ok, here is a pic of when it was finished. Damn, that was a while ago...and DAMN my car is clean. Now it looks all haggard, half of it is stock...the other half is still red, EVERYTHING on it's way to being stock. Plus I don't even know where that shiftknob is anymore.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I swear I posted this like 5 times now.. the color that matches Laser Red Identically for the interior is made by Duplicolor.. its called Torredor Red Metallic.. under 5 bucks a can..

too bad my seats don't match my car :(

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sh*t your car is sweet...you didn't know this, but i've printed off pictures of your car and another car on here, they are framed in my bedroom on top of my dvd player:thumbsup: :rofl:

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
thanks.. wait til you see it next year ;) if I can pull off what I have planned it will be 100% completely different from what you think is cool now.. :biggrin:

a pic of my car above your bed would be fully endorsed - there are pics of my car with a hot model in S3 magazine for Jan 04 which has hit the streets earlier this month..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, im kinda pissed -

the only auto paint store around is walmart and they are out torredor red. so i bought victory red.

does anyone have ANY idea what this is gonna look like and if it will even match laser red?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm...well i'll give the her a once over and if it doesn't match, i'll change once the torredor is in stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts