New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is a long shot but is anyone interested in a large audio system? I sold the cougar it was in and the buyer did not want it. I would put it in my current Cougar but it was born to be fast and this is too big. It also won't fit anywhere in my truck without me removing my back seat or it'd already be in there. It was made specially to fit in the Cougar but it will fit in something like an SUV.

It consists or 4 10" Audiobahn High Excursions in a custom ported front firing box. The box is huge and will take up the entire trunk but the rear seats do still fold and lock up. Anyone who has seen the car has heard the system and trust me, it can get loud. I have most everything to install it in a car including wiring (all HPM or Expert), a Mmatts mono (and a JBL 4 channel if interested) but I'd suggest getting a second battery for the rear to help out with this. I ran two yellow top optimas for ~4 yrs before the stock alternator crapped out and I got a HO version to replace it (which was last October).

If anyone is interested or knows anyone that is interested please let me know. I'm willing to install it for a small fee of beer or lunch as well.

**I'm putting here because it's big and there's no way I'm shipping it. I might be willing to ship the components but not the box.

This is the basic setup but since this picture the wiring has been switched out for all Stinger and Monster RCAs, I switched to a much nicer amp and the box has been covered in automotive carpet to match the hatch area.

system3.jpg

Adding some model numbers:

Subs: Audiobahn (3) AW1000EU & (1) it's a newer version but has the same specs. The faces look the same but the magnet looks different. I had a problem with one of my original 4 so I bought another new one on eBay and the guy "upgraded" it to a newer version even though I didn't want it. I've never had an issue other than that.

AW1000EU:
dual 4-ohm voice coils
non-pressed pulp cone
huge foam surround
frequency response 23-500 Hz
power range 50-600 watts RMS (300 watts per coil)
peak power handling 1,200 watts
sensitivity 91.1 dB
top-mount depth 5-1/4"
sealed box volume: 0.4-.95 cubic feet
ported box volume: 1.632 cubic feet

Mmats Amp: D300HC - It's difficult to find info on this but here is an interesting review and most of the audio forums talk about how solid this amp really is. I believe it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1400 x 1 @ 2 ohms. I can tell you that running on a 2 ohm load it never got hot and was at ~5/8 gain when running the Audiobahns. I didn't feel the need to try and push the subs any further.

JBL Amp: P80.4 Specs

System Box.JPG Full System.JPG Mmats Top.JPG Mmats Side2.JPG Mmats Side1.JPG JBL Top.JPG JBL Side1.JPG JBL Side2.JPG

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
So all you want for the system is some beer? LOL... I might could handle that fee :p

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
how much would you do for everything but the box? I'm getting the itch to put some boooooom in my 1ton. I've got 2 10's in an under the rear seat box, but its not enough. (Let me know! 4chan amp also)

Also, more specs on the woofers (model so I can look up box requirements to ensure I can utilize all 4.) Amp models if you've got them. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So all you want for the system is some beer? LOL... I might could handle that fee :p
Valiant effort Sir ;)

how much would you do for everything but the box? I'm getting the itch to put some boooooom in my 1ton. I've got 2 10's in an under the rear seat box, but its not enough. (Let me know! 4chan amp also)

Also, more specs on the woofers (model so I can look up box requirements to ensure I can utilize all 4.) Amp models if you've got them. Thanks!!!
I'm jealous that you can fit a system in your truck. My '06 DC only has ~1sqft of space in the two compartments under the rear seat combined! I just picked up 2 Alpine PDX amps the other day, a 1.1000 & a 4.100. Those will be going under the front seats and then I need to figure out what to do for subs/sub (I'm thinking 1 Dayton 12") and components. Honestly, if I hadn't gotten the truck mainly to have a back seat, it would be gone already and a nice large box would be filling that space. I even thought of having a box built to go under the truck and then port it into the cab but I'm not too sure about cutting up the floor.

I'll try and get some updated pictures and model numbers this weekend. The Audiobahns are 10" High Excursions but I don't remember the model number off hand. I've absolutely loved this system and wish I could have kept it but I just have nothing to put it in.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I've got enough room for it, and I've got plenty of room under the seats/console for amps... But if I end up picking all this up, i'll take the bottom half out of my rear seat, and make a box which I'll use as a seat. My truck never sees rear passengers anyway. We can't fit all 6 of us in my 1 ton since its the older style 2002 dodge, which is about the equivalent of an extended cab lol.

If I get it all I'll probably spend another 2-400 on sound deadening (which I had planned to do anyway since I'm gonna put dual 8" stacks in the bed)

Does your DC have the center console?? If so JL makes a stealth box for it... puts out pretty decent bass for being so small.

Toyota Tundra Stealthbox by JL Audio

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it has a center console and bucket seats. However, that box is super expensive and I might as well have someone make a custom fiberglass box and retain my center console for the same price.

So you're interested in the 2 amps and 4 subs? Any idea what range you'd be looking at as far as $$ for these? I'll get you the model numbers in a few hours after I've slept but I thought I'd ask :)

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know this section rarely gets any attention but I still have this system hanging out not being used. I can't post it in the for sale section yet because my pictures don't have my screen name on them but hopefully I can remedy that soon.

I'm willing to work on delivering this to some one in the surrounding states. I just want to see someone enjoy this as much as I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts