New Cougar Forum banner

Lads, what is This, also?

866 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Joeyisamadman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Another similar question to the last one. I don't know what this is. it's fastened flat onto the main structure, below the battery tray. the connector wires lead straight to the bottom of the fusebox. it all looks beat up, and the wiring is frayed.

...it's just two wires leading to a block of i-dunno-what-material. What the heck?

what is it, what does it do, do I need to keep it in, and do I need to replace it? Thanks!

(PS : apologies for the weird smartphone photo format!)

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree - See, I thought it might have been one of those 'anti-rust magnetization' gimmicks, but the connector looks OEM, so I really dunno.

#4 ·
Looks a little like the external ambient temperature probe. But kind of not.

#5 · (Edited)
I think I have one of those. Ordered something and got the wrong part. I'm not near home now but I'll see if I can find it when I have a moment.

Edit - if I remember correctly, it's some sort of resistor, possibly related to DRLs.

#6 ·
Hmmph! Weird! I guess I'll leave it off, and see what doesn't work or something - and plug it right back in afterwards. if it's DRLs, I kind of need those up here in Canada, though.

thanks for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.