New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
I guess you could call that a Scion TC... in some twisted sense of the word... maybe...

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: Tygerr
My friend just got a 06 TC. Celica frame, Corolla engine = Toyota Celery (it's nickname). Ha ha, it's so funny though. He had it for a day and the passenger side window doesn't work. Foreign junk IMHO.
Foreign junk perhaps, but it's sold only in the US, and the Celica was actually designed in the US (One of our fellow NECO members was on the powertrain design team).

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Originally posted by: mercurycougar
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
I guess you could call that a Scion TC... in some twisted sense of the word... maybe...
:rofl:
I mean, Lisa Kubo's ION is called a Saturn, too, but... I guess it still KINDA Ecotec-powered. But basically it's a drag-slicks-having, RWD tube-chassis with a strung-out, super-built, twin-turbocharged Ecotec, in a fiberglass shell that has a Saturn sticker on it. So that's how I feel about this Scion business too.

Why slow yourself down with a "body" on that thing? That 2JZ or Ecotec would get better ET's on a rail chassis. Is it just for the sponsorship dollars? Someplace to put all those stickers?

I don't really care. Just pontificating... :)

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
that looks like a tube chasis to me....kinda hard to tell from the vid though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.