New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I have been looking at neon and led underbody kits. I would have to say that the led kits are better. I like the Plasmaglow led kit with the led wheel well kit. What do you guys think is better, neon or LED? Another thing, I want to get a blue kit because my car is smoke grey and i can't decide on what to do for the interior. I was thinking black light but that would show the dirt and fuzz to much. I have a black interior. I was then thinking blue or green. Last but not least i wanna get two neon strobe lights, one for each side of the car in the middle for some killer rave songs. I don't know what color to get to match a good color for interior which goes well with the blue underbody kit. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well first off I would suggest StreetGlow over any other brand. They tipicaly make the best quality product, others arent as durable or often not as bright. As for LED vs Neon, LEDs are better. LEDs will last practicaly forever and the kit that StreetGlow offers let you independently controll the leds. Ths means you can create paterns with them like christmas lights. Shop around, check ebay, I know some guy on this board is selling them, you can get a good price. As for colors, use your imagination, almost anything will go with each other so just pick some colors you like.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
regular neon tubes are cool for making an entire area glow. LEDs kind of 'shoot' the light in a direction and don't really cause an overall glow around something. however, with some LEDs you can get patterns and stuff, like on the streetglow underbody LEDs, which I have.

Mike

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
regular neon tubes are cool for making an entire area glow. LEDs kind of 'shoot' the light in a direction and don't really cause an overall glow around something. however, with some LEDs you can get patterns and stuff, like on the streetglow underbody LEDs, which I have.

Mike
That's exactly what I was going to say. Depends on what you are going for. Personally, I like the look of neons because they eminate from under the car, and it looks sweet. LED's look like lines on the ground - but the pattern part is cool. How about a set of each ? :-D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I already have a set of white streetglow gold series neons... I plan on having L.E.D.s as well... its supose to give one hot lighting effect. I will be getting purple L.E.Ds to match my other lights...

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yeah, I choose neons for the same reason as Mike and Keliente.. It makes the car glow.

·
Registered
517 Posts
bs. if you know anything about light reflection and refraction, then you can get leds to "glow", so dont let that sell you out of them. they are way brighter, and much more suited to everyday use as they dont have a tube to break. ive done hundreds of neon tube installs and after my first few led kits i was sold. waaay better. and they dont cause system noise!!!
josh

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You can actually rig up a set of LED's to reflect out of the housing with the help of aluminum tape. Turn the LED's to face SLIGHTLY inward after applying the reflective tape. They still have a directed glow, but not as much as before. And the angle also effects the shadow from the LED panel to the ground.

Or just get a neon tube and replace it every so often, then deal with line noise, whichever works better for you.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i have a plasmaglow colour changing led kit and i think it's awesome i am waiting for my wheel well kit to arrive,also they have just released a remote control for them so you can change things from outside of the car.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all your help. Any extra information would still help. Do you think if I had a blue accented interior I should get blue neon strobe lights for each side(interior) to to help make my interior less inferior and more club like? If not what color would be good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.