New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonderin, if any of you know that the Koni Struts would go with the Apex lowerin springs, my car is a 1.7 inches drop and the factory struts are already worn out.....was just wonderin if replacin the factory with Koni would help the ride quality....? please help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure,
But I was going to get a set of Apex springs for my 2000
what do you think of them? and will I need to change my struts?
I have the stock rims 15". I'm getting new rims soon but will the
springs work with my stock wheels?

Thanks for your help

Jeff

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the Progress springs (drop 1.8 and 1.2 or so).I got the ST200 struts from BAT inc, they are a HUGE improvment over stock and with the 225/45/17's the ride is GREAT....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for Jiffy:

honestly, the ride quality was okay for about 6 months, then it started to slide down hill, right now, I think my factory struts are worn out after bout 1 year....the ride quality is pretty bad...though my friends think is normal for a lowered car...but I can sware that I feel some of my parts are gettin shaked lose...also cuz where I live, the roads suck like crap...but I would definitely update my struts with the springs, as Im about to do now...
oh, the springs works with the stock wheels perfectly, as for look wise atleast...after I lowered my car with my stock tires, it looks good...I would rate it 7 out of 10? I mean, all lowerin springs shorten the life of your factory strut anyway, its just inevitable..

as for mransr:

how long would the struts lost? cuz I don't want to keep on replacin them over and over..you know? streetconcept suggested me the same struts....will, thnx, I'll give that a try

·
Registered
635 Posts
the ST200 strut are designed for high rate springs so they should be good for about the same life as stock struts......most manufactures recommend replacing struts every 50,000 miles but as always your mileage may vary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.