New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my K&n intake installed. lost the negative battery nut...:( but got it installed and working nonetheless....There was a hose that had an elbow in it that snapped like a tooth pick so i duct taped it toegether? lmao...will that work and be ok?? I checked for air leaks....it seems to be fine...i drove it and its ok, the intake makes a big diffrence btw, but is this hose problem even a problem? :confused:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Ford, but i bet your looking @ over 10$ for it. Go to a hardware store, pick up a coper elbow (small one) paint it black and throw it in.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
If anything it will let unmetered air into the intake so you will run lean. Should triger a CEL however. Keep in mind if the tape was to let go it would let dirt particles into the intake. I would replace it tomorow just to be safe. Not a major problem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah man nothing to worry about...just get a new hose or 90 degree bend. Clean up that engine a bit :]

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasnt even going to mention the mysterious stain on your engine cover ....
LMAO. WEelllllll its actually clean, (yeah i know, your effin crazy lol) but i think the grandma and grandpa before me (last owners) let the battery explode or something. I think its was battery acid because there is a small peice on the bumper from top to bottom with a stain on the paints....
IM gonna get an elbow btw, duct tape doesnt quite add anymore beauty to my engine, lmao.;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
That happened on mine also but luckily my hose was pretty long and it reached the intake without stretching it so I left the elbow out. Anything to put in the hose that holds it together is fine, like the copper one people were pointing out.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to let you guys that tried helping me out, know that I got the elbow. I went to a hardware store and showed them my broken elbow and I told them I wanted a coper one in same size....i got sent to napa, lol. they had the exact peice that i broke. :bowdown: NAPA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts