New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the KKM SVT Intake will fit in a 6 cyl Cougar? The guy at KKM said it might but would be a closer fit and would require making your own mounting bracket. He also mentioned needing somewhere to place the Air Temp Guage. Please let me know if it can be done, and if so how much extra work it requires. Thx.

G

·
the KKM True Rev Induction Kit (?) is not too bad to install. Mostly because I had help.

the one thing I noticed after a long weekend with many hours on the road, you need to bend the bracket that attaches underneath the kit so that the top part of it doesn't rub against the hood. and yes, mine already has rubbed against the hood. it's not too bad though.

,Jeremy

G

·
Bobnoxious,

My '01 Cougar doesn't look the same as the pics I saw that you had posted. Is the Contour True Rev that much different?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I totally removed that 'holding' bracket thing. I tried to bend it but I got tired of it and just have the intake sit there. It has rubbed the upper fender well paint off but not that much. It also has not even touched the hood. I've heard of them bouncing off the hood when you rev but I tested that before I removed that bracket.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Afuente,
I believe what you are saying is that you ordered one for the 01 Cougar, which would be the same as 99-00 non SVT Countour. The difference is the size of the filter and the cap on the end is made for a draw tube. Also you have to do the mod for the ITA sensor. I think it sounds a little deeper and has a little bit less heat soak. However, since I got my Yodude. I can't even hear the KKM anymore.
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts