New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend that is doing this mod, but I can't find any how-tos on the board except for a text-install for an SVT Intake installation into the Cougar. Does anyone have a quick installation guide for a standard installation of this intake into a 2001?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Click Here

That's the How-To I used to install my Injen intake. The KKM should be pretty similar. This one is great because it includes pictures and is very detailed. It was much easier to follow then the directions that came with the intake.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by: TennisMenace
Click Here

That's the How-To I used to install my Injen intake. The KKM should be pretty similar. This one is great because it includes pictures and is very detailed. It was much easier to follow then the directions that came with the intake.

I was looking for that link :cool:

·
Administrator
24,544 Posts
That's a decent how-to, except he's calling the MAF sensor the "throttle body" :stupid:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know when I did my Weapon R, I took the entire intake back to the accordian tube out and replaced it, no problem. IIRC, the KKM doesn't modify anything before the MAF adapter, meaning all I should have to do is remove the stock airbox, and the right-hand side of the MAF adapter bracket, then attach the included bracket, secure the filter to the bracket, and insert the IAC into the collar, right?

G

·
Right. Very simple install... 30 minutes tops. You may want to bend the support bracket (black metal piece) that comes with it prior to installation so it will pull the filter down a little bit, other wise it will rub on the underside of the hood.

G

·
does anyone know much about the Custom Cougars Short ram intake? I see it has 3 different ports on the intake pipe, what would you be putting there? I'm pretty retarded when it comes to working on cars, and i wanted to install an intake in my shop class soon.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That short ram is like any other short ram intake on the market...

I would recommend in the future that you search for your answer using the provided 'search' button at the top, or start a new topic - reviving a year old dead one isn't going to give you much information.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Originally posted by: ArizonaCougar
Right. Very simple install... 30 minutes tops. You may want to bend the support bracket (black metal piece) that comes with it prior to installation so it will pull the filter down a little bit, other wise it will rub on the underside of the hood.
instead of bending, you can also slot the hole.
that's what I did because I had a tad bit of rubbing.

didn't the KKM come with installation instructions??
mine did, including diagrams (albeit simple).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts