New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday my boy and i were goin back to his house to play some counter strike on the ol' x box. on the way to his house we got lined up at a red light, the light turned green and i gave him a decent head start. quickly caught up to him and passed him without any problems. he has a 95 accord 4 cylinder atx, with an aem cai, and greddy evo cat back exhaust, my car is a bone stock 00 2.5 atx. when we got to his house i asked him if that was all the accord was bringin to the table. he said, well it wasnt everything but it sure was most of it. although i have to admit his car looks great, but i was rather surprised in just how much faster the cougar is than the accord.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is awesome, really addicting, once you start playin you can not put it down, much like the new need for speed. and yea you can play it on xbox live, a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
haha good this kid at work keeps bugging me to race him. He has a bone stock '97 Accord LX sedan, atx (4 cylinder, 130hp), and he keeps tellin' me all these stories about how he killed a mustang, and a 3series bimmer. He thinks he'll beat me, I got intake, exhaust, gutted precats, and hi-flow y-pipe. I'll probably destroy him. :biggrin:

Mike

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dude it wont even be close....my friends accord was the 2 door coupe and he has some decent mods, and it was pretty ugly how i drove right around him

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
to change the tune of this thread a little... my boyfriend's 94 Accord, ATX 4-door, 4 cyl Vtec beats the crap out of my stock '00 6 cyl Cougar everytime we race... I have not beat him yet... and we have switched up drivers to see if it was just me or something... but no... his Accord beats my Cougar everytime.

His mods: intake, headers, custom exhaust, muffer, spark plug wires, and strut bars. His car has almost 180,000 miles on it too.

Julie

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
my friend has a 94, 2 door, 4cyl. with CAI, catback, and i ripped him with my car completely stock, both ATX. by the time my car shifted to 2nd, i had him by at least a car length.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Maybe it's something with the Vtec.. I mean, I know they put it there for a reason. I have never ridden or driven a non-vtec Accord so I don't know the difference. And the possibility is there that I just have a slow Cougar.

He's running better times than me at the dragstrip too, so I know he is faster. I personally think it's sad that a 4 cyl can beat a 6 cyl... but i've learned to deal with it.

Julie

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hopefully I can finalize this thread. A 4 cylinder accord v-tec STOCK will be slower than a stock atx cougar. Julie's boyfriends accord IS faster than both of our cougars, but again he has mods.

His best time is a 16.60 mine is a 16.61. So its not an incredible difference

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Julie i have a feeling your ATX's secondaries are not opening. I need to take a peek at your car sometime.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I tried to clean the secondaries... and I'm not sure if it worked or not. I took it to the track after I did that and nearly dropped a second, but the temperature was a lot cooler then also.

Julie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts