New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is gonna happen for next year.

Start taking your pretty pictures now. What I would like to do based on the feedback from the last time we spoke about calenders is to have everyone included at least once. Maybe do 6 months of individuals voted on and 6 months of mulitples. Or we could do Regional months...not sure of all these details yet. That is what we must discuss. We will have to decide on a nice format.

I already have the calender kit. We can submit Digital photos and/or Printed photos.

How does an August deadline sound for getting the pictures submitted?

Post your thoughts! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
august is great because that gives me plenty of time to do both taking pictures AND adding modifications. if only 12 cats were pictured im sure only 12-15 would be bought :) so i think the regional idea is good. or maybe put everybody with their birth month, for instance my birthday is in june, so for junes picture me and fellow june keystone guys could be pictured. if we moved the deadline to early july perhaps we could sell (???) at cougarfest?

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Birthday idea won't work unless each month had almost the same number of people in it.

Example:

September - say RioredCoug and I are the only birthdays in September(hypotheticaly) so we split that page with our cars. 2 cars on that page
December say has 9 birthdays in it. The page would be split between 9 cougars.
July has no birthdays - what do you put there???
June is I8HCIVXS birtdhay and is the ONLY June birthday, he would have the page himself

If this example held true throughout the year, i don't think it would look very nice, some people would have small pictures and others large.

Even the regional idea I threw out there may be hard to do.

Keep the ideas coming though, thats what the thread is here for! Thanks Adam.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ok well i thoguth it would just be like if its your birthday you can have your month

other than that i could care less what month i am \

Ill just go anywhere i dont care but if I8civxs wants to have his car on his birthday he can

you know what im saying

BTW....these thing could sell like crazy at CF 2k4

so...maybe an earlyier deadline would be better

·
Registered
410 Posts
i'll take february, and by the way, i wanna get a nice photo shoot on as soon as it gets nice out, if anybodys interested lemmie know. i got these to giant polls, we can put a white tarp behind it and get great lighting

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please stop picking months of the calender you want to be in. That is not what this thread is for. This thread is for ideas for the calender.

·
Sunshine always owns me
2,147 Posts
I'd say find out how many people are participating in the pics first...see how many it would be per month..the same amount of cars per month..and then when you put them in the calendar, just try and not have more than one of the same color per month...if that's possible. And maybe put a few group pics on the front cover of the calendar...and maybe the last month. Or small group pics throughout the calendar. hmm..so many ways to do it. Maybe the first four months do western PA...the four months after that..do central PA...and then the last four months, do eastern PA. Maybe a mixture of group pics and singles for the months, depending on what pics they submit...Just my ideas...Is that better Keith?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i know this kinda veers from the subject. but i know a great place in harrisburg to get pics taken of your car. if you guys pick up super street magazine this month some guy from harrisburg pa is in it with a three page spread. he has a wrx and is in fox marketing. it was neat seeing his photo shoot in a national magazine with a place i actually recignized. i think we should all send in pics and then decie how to do it based on pics and wheer their from and such..

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mandy - thanks for the idea :thumbsup:

Adam - naming places to take pics is great, just like mike did about the poles and the white background. What we can do is organize those items(picture locations, picture meets, etc) in this thread so that people that may visit the website or read the forum but don't respond can meet up or use everyones suggestions too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by: IH8CIVX
i know this kinda veers from the subject. but i know a great place in harrisburg to get pics taken of your car. if you guys pick up super street magazine this month some guy from harrisburg pa is in it with a three page spread. he has a wrx and is in fox marketing. it was neat seeing his photo shoot in a national magazine with a place i actually recignized. i think we should all send in pics and then decie how to do it based on pics and wheer their from and such..
Whats the location?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
its under the rail road tracks downtown off of second street. im gonna go down there and get some pictures some day then ill give you the exact street name and corner. if you visit www.wrteam.com and go to members rides id say 90% them have their pics taken at the exact location.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i couldnt find pics online of dave reiders wrx however you can find super street at about every magazine or book store in the usa. i went to wr's site and grabbed two pictures just to show the back drop.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have an idea for the birthday thing, now i read this and i hope i didnt miss something and this was already mentioned but heres what i thought. For the birthday thing, you could put that person cougar picture on that day slot, like im nov. 19, so on that slot put a pic of my car. I think that would be kinda cool. And for the large picture that goes with each month maybe you could take a picture of each of the groups in pa and put them on the diff. large pages to go with each month. Now i dont know if there are 12 cougar area in pa but i dunno, thats just what i thought

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
the picture of the car on the birthday is a great day but may be kinda expensive and hard to see?? maybe just the members name on the day of the birthday.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i dunno, it all depends on the size of the calander, cuz i am makin some notpads and put a cougar picture in the lower corner of it and it turned out fine, the picture is about the size of a calander block also (the large ones atleast). I dunno if that would be expensive or not though

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
ps that red lancer smoked me good last night on nyes road, he got in the wrong lane passed me and dissapeared all before i could downshift...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts