New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 99 cougar....no problems with the car at all. but.........last night my keyless Entry remote stopped working! I changed the battery on it and still not working.

Can you guys/girls please give me any advise Before I actually go to my dealer and waist my time for something I should have known to do. (better yet dealer might charge me an arm and a leg and some......)

Thank you,

Romeo

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would try another battery first ( I know that sounds stupid but that kind of thing happens to me all the time) then check the receiver on the car ( I'm sorry I don't know where it's located but I'm sure if you do a search you can find out).Maybe something came loose and it's not receiving the signal from the remote.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you might need to reprogram it... call your dealer and ask to talk to the service manager, ask him if he can tell you the steps to reprogram it... i bought a new one so i have 2 of them and i had to reprogram mine, so i called my dealer and the service manager told me how and i wrote it down and did it and it works fine now...
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts