New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any remote work on my cougar if I have keyless entry already? as long as i program it?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Any four button black FORD remote will work, but brown ones will not. I don't think that three button, or Villager (sliding door) remotes will work either. But any Ford, black, four button remote will work.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Works just fine, right. Just bought mine last week. I have a FORD Partnumber , perhaps it works for you also: 01235189
Many greetings from germany
Marc

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
Any four button black FORD remote will work, but brown ones will not. I don't think that three button, or Villager (sliding door) remotes will work either. But any Ford, black, four button remote will work.
didn't all villagers have nissan remotes anyways? I could swear ours did..

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ford has an updated remote for the Villager, they look the same as the new Freestar ones. Basically the remotes with the power side door most likely will not work on a Cougar.

And as far as the above part number goes, that is not a Ford number. The basic part number for a remote is 15k601.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was looking behind my glovebox and i found a black box with the part number 15k600 gaa is that the keyless entry system?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yes, that is the reciever/control for the anti-theft and remote.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 6 seconds. Turn the ignition
OFF. The LED in the clock/trip computer will light up continuously to confirm
programming mode. Press any button on the first remote transmitter. The LED
in the clock will flash 4 times to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd
transmitter (up to 4 transmitters/keypads total possible). The LED in the clock
will flash 4 times to confirm programming. Turn the ignition to RUN. The LED will
turn off to indicate end of programming mode.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
They should work as long as it's a four-button remote... you just have to use your left hand to use it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a quick question seeing as how we're on the subject of remote entry, i saw a $39.99 remote entry kit and i was wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be to install on a 99?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts