New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As everyone knows I work at a dealership selling Mitsu's and so on. I had a guy trade his Z-28 for an EVO and he left his Kenwood in the Z-28 which we were sending off to a wholesale auction as the car had over 130k miles on it. anyway I pulled the deck and dropped an old alpine unit in its place. Does anyone know how to rest the code on the Kenwood unit?

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Straight from their site-
How do I reset the CODE on my car stereo?

Refer to your nearest Kenwood authorized service center with a copy of your proof of purchase.
Excelsior may know, however he's a Pioneer guy, it never hurts to know the competition ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: LostRacer
Straight from their site-
How do I reset the CODE on my car stereo?

Refer to your nearest Kenwood authorized service center with a copy of your proof of purchase.
1 down side here .... as I said I took it out of a trade in. no proof of purchase to show already tried that one.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
So you contacted the Kenwood service center and they didnt help?
By they way whats the series of the headunit?
I am unaware of any master lock key code for Kenwoods.
One reason why they have a decent reputation for theft issues.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if there is no master lock reset that is available I might as well pull it and toss it. thanks for the help folks.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I've owned about 3 Kenwood headunits and they all come with the code option turned off.. the owner needs to turn it on and then set it with a custom code.. so yup.. contact that dude for the receipt or the code...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts