New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning on getting my car reapainted with a nice black pearl apint job but i need some advice on how to lilmit the scratches that appear after washing it a couple of times.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
you got a black paintjob? then welcome to hell! :evil:

but its simple really - dont wash it, dont drive it, hell... dont even LOOK at it :tongue: and dont let other people look at it either... their filthy eyes!!
:cover:

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
LOL.....its not that bad...just get yourself a claybar...you'll be needing it! i honestly dont have trouble with my paint. I use meguilars gold class wax on a regular basis and i dont notice and surface scratches that often. when i do i use meguilars cleaner wax first then the gold class and it takes them out. if you have a really stuborn spot you can use rubbing compound to buff it out.

*edit* you should post this or maybe a moderator could move to car care. probably get more responses and more accurate info.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Let's just say I love black on cars but this is the first and will be the LAST black car that I own. Just be very cautious of how and what you wash your car with and try not to use a circular pattern while polishing and waxing to avoid swirl marks. Other than that advice... good luck.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Hell? Nahhhh...I love washing and waxxing my car, it's therapy I swear.

I wash my black car every 2-3 days, and wax once or twice a month. A clay bar is your best friend - GREAT for taking off the random things in your paint. The key to a clean black car is keeping up on your wax maintenance!

Keep up with the wax and your paint will be like mine...36,000 miles and goin strong ;)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, you can come wash mine for 'therapy' too then Kel :biggrin:

I mean... im really good at keeping it clean, infact i lie - because my car is rarely dirty... even if i get caught out in the rain, i actually give it a quick wash INSIDE my garage :tongue:

but still, its just the principle that i have to be a hardcore nut about cleaning it to keep it looking awesome, where as my last car was red, and i could drive it though mud almost, and it would still look clean :tongue: now, i bust out the meguires quick-wipes if i drive through a puddle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts