New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonderin in comparison how does the Infinities sound in comparision to Bose,, cause my father has it in his 02 Altima and it really bumps, so i was wonderin in comparsion how does it sound..

and for the 2nd q's i can hook up Kappa's w/ my stock head unity right?

-Al

S

·
0 Posts
Bose makes some good speakers but personally i like the sound of Kappas better...

and yes you can hook up your kappas to your stock head unit but why?

power handling for the Kappas are 100W rms and 300W max...

you definately would not be getting the best performance out of those babies with the stock head unit.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The Altima's factory system is matched perfectly to provide equal power and clarity throughout. Most factory and upgraded systems will sound much cleaner than some aftermarkets because that particular factory has been designed to work with the cars interior design. Placement of the drivers and tweeters make the sound quality rich and clean.
If one is able to build a matched aftermarket system which can be easily tuned and play at high volumes without distortion will cost way up in the 1000's$.
Adding the kappa's to the factory Delco headunit will not sound much better than the original paper cone speakers, only slight differences in treble and poor bass response. Simply, you need more power and a better headunit to really make a difference. But if you listen at a lower level and not try to "bump" the kappa's, they will be ok to use. No harm will come to the headuint, only harm will be the distortion to the infinitiy and possible voice coil damage.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: Lukydogg
The Altima's factory system is matched perfectly to provide equal power and clarity throughout. Most factory and upgraded systems will sound much cleaner than some aftermarkets because that particular factory has been designed to work with the cars interior design. Placement of the drivers and tweeters make the sound quality rich and clean.
If one is able to build a matched aftermarket system which can be easily tuned and play at high volumes without distortion will cost way up in the 1000's$.
Adding the kappa's to the factory Delco headunit will not sound much better than the original paper cone speakers, only slight differences in treble and poor bass response. Simply, you need more power and a better headunit to really make a difference. But if you listen at a lower level and not try to "bump" the kappa's, they will be ok to use. No harm will come to the headuint, only harm will be the distortion to the infinitiy and possible voice coil damage.
i understand what your sayin, but by hookin up an amp will that help???

S

·
0 Posts
it will help..
however, i dont know if the stock radio has a preamp output or not...
in which case it wont do you any good, because you have to have the preamp out to hook up your amp to your stereo

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You can hook any amp up to any headunit with a set of low level input RCA converters. They connect to the speaker line outputs from the headunit, then RCA outputs from converter to amplifier RCA input. 12$ for the cheaper interference worthy converters, 30$ for a nicer one with a better filter.

·
Registered
517 Posts
if you want to really make the factory head unit sound good look into getting a audiocontrol line driver with speaker level inputs. then your factory headunit will have a better signal path than any aftermarket radio. and to be honest its gonna sound just as good assuming that you have a factory CD player.
as far as speakers go, you shouldnt have any problem hooking up your speakers to the sotck radio, but keepin mind you only have about 5 watts going to them so you will get an improvment, but adding the amp too is really the way to go. it you dont want to hook up an amplifier, you might want to look into a set of the infinity reference speakers. they work great off stock radio power.
-PS- the speakers bose use are junk. you can find the same speaker for under $10 a peice. what makes a bose sound "good" is the enclosure they design to enhance not only frequency, but clarity as well. people get very confused about this, but that bose system....is junk.
like luckydogg said the bose system is a matched sysem meaning that every component is designed to work as a unit. take out any of it and youll be needing to do the rest of the system as well to get an improvement.
later
josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts