New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took possession of the remnants of a Kaminari hood, although not the one I ordered. Driver took off before I opened the box and I never signed for it. I called Kaminari to find out whats going on as I have no use for shattered fiberglass, and they sent me the variant with a carbon insert which I don't want as I'm painting it and it has seams that would need covered.

According to Kaminari:
-This is the last hood they have
-The molds for their hoods have been destroyed so they will not be producing any more (although they're still listing them for sale...)
-If I want any chance of a refund, I need to store the hood pieces in the original packaging until they say otherwise

They have ignored my requests for an update and have not responded now for three weeks. Not sure if anyone has dealt with them in the past, but this is the first time I've dealt with a company producing enthusiast car parts that legitimately didn't seem to care at all about their product or have any enthusiasm for cars. This coming week I'll be calling to dispute the charges if they can't even be bothered to respond as the item was never even signed for on delivery and their first reply clearly states the item arrived damaged beyond repair...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's one half the problem, which would require extra work and filler due to the seam around the insert. The whole shattered fiberglass and captive nuts being ripped out etc. still prevents it from being terribly useful. So far the only place I found even willing to attempt a repair as it would be over my head estimated $1k minimum as the structural portions are toast.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can fit a fingernail between the two. I could leave the carbon portion exposed, it just seems a little foolish to spend the price of a car by the time its repaired/painted on a specific cosmetic piece only to have something you didn't want in the first place because that's what happened to show up...

I only have one mounting point intact if you can call it that as the other is missing the captive nuts:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
That's a huge bummer. I was hoping to order one of these in January.
I definitely agree that you shouldn't be investing in trying to fix that one.

Try gently calling them out on their Twitter and Facebook pages. I've found several companies to be responsive when faced with criticism on social media. They are often very protective of their image in that sphere. Don't go so hard that you alienate them, just sting them enough to get their attention and give them an opportunity to make it right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't even have an account for either of those. According to several posts on their Facebook page they can make every part listed on their site. I called them again today to actually speak with someone and was told someone will call me back so we'll see. The closeout listing is gone and back to the original, so they may just not want to replace it for the price I paid seeing as they're obviously trying to move old stock and the hood was labeled as 2009 which would be understandable, but then they did say outright they CAN NOT make another one...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well that sucks. Does that mean who ever owns one has a rare item now. I’ve owned this one since 2006, full carbon fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I resorted to opening a dispute with the bank today. I still haven't received that return call from Monday last week unless they're the number from Michigan that didn't leave a message, so that makes 5 weeks with no contact outside of "someone will call you back soon" when calling them. Hopefully this will get a reaction?

@DarkCat00 Rare or not, it still looks good!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of now, still no. According to what I can see they're not responding to my bank either, or at least haven't yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I contacted them through their sales email looking for a replacement hood grille and they are sending me on out free of charge. They also put my picture I posted above on their site. Under the full carbon fiber one. Maybe they were just busy. Reach out to them again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was instructed not to contact them again after handing it off to the bank. If you have a use for another one of those grilles with the tab bent on one side I have one assuming they're the same size.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok, didn’t know. I was just trying to help. The grille is probably the same. I just got mine in the mail. It probably would be good for me to get another one. You’d have to let me know what you want for it. PM me so we can exchange info. Thanks Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts