New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all of you with a Kaminari hood especially, and others with the rest of the kit, how's the quality? Fitment? etc? I want to get a hood, but soo many people have problems with body kit parts. Will the hood last, or will it crack. Any problems with fitting it? I don't want to spend $500 on the hood, then paint and install it to have it last a year. Also, how much did it cost to paint (hood only). Did you guys use the stock underhood heat shield, or get a new one, or none at all? Just looking for opinions. Also, is protuning the best price on the kaminari parts, and is there any deals available?

Oh and last thing. Anyone get the hood with the carbon fiber insert? Just wondering hot it looks in person. The pic on the site looks awesome, and I want to get that on my silver cougar. Any thoughts on that? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Protuning is THE cheapest place for Kaminari stuff. I have the Kam hood on my car and the craftsmanship is great quality. The hood was put together perfectly and all the edges were smooth, plus it came gel-coated..ready for paint. There are adjustments to be made when mounting the hood. Even the stock hood needed adjusting when it was put on at the factory, so that's to be expected.

I had my hood painted at a shop where it cost me $129. That's only painting the top side tho. My car is white, the hood comes white so there's no sense in matching the underside to the rest of the car. Expect to pay about double that ammount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.