New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this? It said it can increase up to 10% of the horsepower or 26 horsepower something like that. Is this 4real or they just inflated numbers? Tell me your input on this product. Thanks

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have the K&N Aircharger, which by the looks of it on the K&N site is identicle. maybe they decided to call all their airchargers 'Fuel Injection Performance Kits' instead? Theyre the same design, right down to external IAT sensor location. I must say this intake was one of the most noticable increases in power but heh... i dunno about 26hp! Of all the intakes produced for us im pretty sure this one comes with the biggest filter, its a 6" diameter base tapered to 5" top and is 6.5" long, with more filter material at the end instead of just a rubber cap. 3" maf adaptor. The heat shield is nice but rattles against something at wot... i bet i could adjust that tho.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
26 HP is an outright lie. If you're lucky you might get about 7 on a cold day. You'll notice a sharper throttle response. Its the combination of performance upgrades is when you'll notice power gains.

Might I suggest a cheaper intake alternative. Try KKM, or another brand of intakes filters. There are plenty to choose from. Choose wisely. I know K&N make good kits but they are on the pricey side. If you are looking to spend that kind of money, might I suggest an AEM intake filter. In fact I think that's even cheaper than the K&N.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I bet the FIPK netted 26hp on a twin turbo RX7 or 300Z or something, just so they can get away with saying that... & pricey is right. I think i payed around $210 shipped or something stupid like that in a group buy last year. not saying im unhappy! also last thing, the intake tube they provide is plastic, I accidentally crushed mine from over-tightening the hose clamps and let in unmetered air. I had to fix it by using a heat gun to make it plyable again and pulled the squished part back out. If you get it dont honk on the hose clamps!

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you're gonna spend that much contact Grandmasterkhan and get a CAI. It's cheaper and works better. Of course you have to cut a hole but it's worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts