New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Cougar MTX. How much horsepower would I gain if I put in a K&N Filter? I don't really want to modify my Cat because of the fear of voiding the warranty. Is putting in the filter worth the time and money or not? Or which Mods can I do that won't Void the Warranty, if any? Thanks

G

·
Kick his a$$ CBass! Anyway, changing the filter won't void your warranty. That was the first thing I did to my car. I did it for the slight power gain, but loved it for the sound.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mbacis: Your Hilarious Man! That is one of the reasons they called me that name, among others, even though I've never seen it on dumb and dumber. Go figure. They sound sweet, Eh! Can you tell I'm Canadian? How much do they cost?

G

·
I got mine through KKM for around $90 I believe. K&N also has drop in panel filters that are direct replacements for the stock filter element. They are cheaper, but I don't think it has any effect on the sound, just improves flow.

G

·
I put a K & N drop in filter in my '99 Cougar and experienced extreme engine knocking. I brought it to my dealer and they adjusted a computer in my engine to compensate for the knocking and it did not help. I ended going back to thew stock filter and I do not experience knocking anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.